View of Phoenix city

Homeowners Insurance When Nobody’s Home

By Published On: May 16th, 2021Categories: Real Estate Insights

Do you know the difference between a vacant house and an unoccupied house? If you’re selling a house that’s been unoccupied for more than 30 days, do you need a “vacancy endorsement?” If you’re buying a vacant house, what happens if it gets vandalized before the sale closes?

Insurance is a topic that puts many of us to sleep. But when you are about to buy or sell a home that nobody has lived in for a while, there are some important distinctions to know about. Talk to your insurance agent to make sure you understand how the home is insured during the buying or selling process.

If you’re moving here to the North Scottsdale/Carefree/Cave Creek area, one agent who knows his stuff is Steve Morse at State Farm.

You can check him out at

Darrell Dopeke headshot with logo

“Your home has a story; I know how to tell it and sell it.”

Recent Transactions